"Is this problem / issue REALLY worth the amount of brain cells i'm going to sacrafice pursuing this through tech support?"
Inevitably, the answer is yes so i'm stuck on the phone with tech support. After my finger becomes a bloody stump from pushing "1" and "4" or "0" for my assorted products, issues, weight, height and gender, i'm greeted by hold music.
Thankfully todays hold music was short lived. Had I known at the time the music ended what was in store for me afterwards, I probably wouldn't have minded another song or two.
Music ends.
"Sean" answers.
Sean was def. his American name. In the background it sounds like a marketplace in India with major commotion, conversation and basic chaos.
After getting my info to confirm I am in fact the owner of said problematic software, we set forth on our tech support adventure.
After explaining the issues 3 times, YES, 3 FREAKING TIMES - dead silence from him and total chaos in the background. I say "Hello?" to which he responds (after another silent delay ) with "yes, yes, this is Sean, how can I help you today?"
SERIOUSLY?
Am I calling to help myself through this problem because my tech support adventure just became a solo mission apparently.
It's fine.... i'm in this for the long haul, even if it kills me.
2 more rounds of explaining my issue... which is this simple by the way:
"I have Adobe Creative Suite Premium. It's licensed for two computers at a time. I just bought a new desktop. I uninstalled the software from one laptop so that I had it free to put on my new desktop. The new desktop install isn't recognizing that one computer has been unlicensed and is asking me to buy another code. How do I override this for full software access??"
Dramatic pause (#10 at this point).
Series of SUPER technical events -- shut down the software. Turn off internet. Turn internet back on. Turn software back on. Enter magic code I just pulled out of my ass here in La La Land. Have magic full access. (this all took far, far longer than it should have thanks to his monotone, delayed response instruction giving methods).
Just as I am thinking we have finally rounded the corner and solved the problem he completely stops talking to me. "It's asking me to register the product now. Since i'm already registered can I skip this step or do I need to reregister w/ the new access code you just gave me?"
Dead silence from him - again, chaos and trading in the background. A few "Hello?" 's and i'm again back on a solo mission.
I finally say "Can I speak to a supervisor and get this finished up?"
Before the words are even out of my mouth "Oh ma'am so sorry. What can I, Sean, do to make you happy so that you don't need my supervisor today?"
Wow... apparently the magic word of motivation is "supervisor."
Sean seems to be back in the saddle and ready to ride at this point and we finally get it squared away so that I can head back to my real life.... far, far away from "Sean."
So in summary.... "Adobe - your customer service sucks. Thank you for my access code that should have worked fine in the FIRST place and may I never call you again. Have a lovely day."
No comments:
Post a Comment