21 March 2011

T Minus 22 hours to go

It's setting in now.

The realization that I will be on a plane bound for SF at 2PM tomorrow. Shortly after that, I will be on a red-eye to London. 

Things I promise myself for this trip:

1. To focus on the moments and the pictures and the memories because 10 years from now the pictures and the memories will be there for me and souvenirs and tourist crap will not.

2. To be calm. My temper is one with a short fuse and I promise myself to try my best to prevent my temper from compromising my integrity and intelligence.

3. To allow my beautiful wife to drag me around until I drop because to her, this trip is a dream she never wished for in fear it may never come true.

4. To hope silently, and frequently, that despite the fact life NEVER goes as planned for Nicole and I, that I will hope this trip does.

5. If #4 doesn't pan out, see #2. =)

6. To feel blessed every second of everyday for the family (fuzzy kitties included) and friends I am fortunate to call mine and treasure every second I have them.

This is an opportunity to share things i've seen and loved with the person I love the most in this world. 

My home is where she is.

And now, a send off Ataris style...


"Takeoffs And Landings"
by The Ataris
On this coldest of January nights
We drive out past the runway and watch the planes go flying by
The runway lights are the deepest blue like the colors of your eyes
So close them tight and kiss me one last time

If you could go anywhere right now
Where would you go?
And would you miss me when you get there?
There's no place that I would rather be
Please don't let me go falling from the sky
The "fasten seatbelt" sign just needs to go out
If only you could be right here by my side
Home wouldn't seem so far from here

Passport, customs, carry on, remember
To shut off all of your electronic devices
Fell asleep on Tuesday woke up Monday afternoon
I slept right through your International Date Line

If you could go anywhere right now
Where would you go?
And would you miss me when you get there?
There's no place that I would rather be
Please don't let me go falling from the sky
The "fasten seatbelt" sign just needs to go out
If only you could be right here by my side
Home wouldn't seem so far from here

Please don't let me go falling from the sky
The "fasten seatbelt" sign just needs to go out
If only you could be right here by my side
Home wouldn't seem so far from here 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! I can't wait to read, see and chat about your adventure. Have a blast and when you are back let's plan a time to catch up properly! (with booze and lots of time.)

Brandon said...

Well done! I like it! Hope you guys have fun! I can't wait to hear all about it! *ps, i was looking at... well am looking at vinylmations today in class... thanks lol