Part 4 finds us still in VA enjoying XMas with the in - laws.
We embarked on another family tradition and went to Virginia Beach and saw the Lights on the Beach.
Pretty random this year - there were monster trucks and dinosaurs - not as Christmasy as I imagine, but whatever.
Anyways - super cool. They decorate along the beach and beachfront and you pay and get a CD with carols and narrative and then you drive through and check out all the displays.

I never said I could take pictures... I just like to play around. haha

Cool castle.

HUGE Maryland crab arch.

To continue the festivities, we went to Colonial Williamsburg. I love Williamsburg, or any historical location as a matter of fact. I love history so any chance to enjoy history i'm all over it.
I've only been to Williamsburg in summer and fall, never in winter and never at holiday time.
They make everything in the manner and style of the times, so all decorations are handmade (and hella expensive if you want to buy one - most wreaths started @ $75 for a smaller one) and made only from materials that were available at the time.
The decorations were all gorgeous, and it snowed the night before so walking down the dirt and cobblestone streets dusted in snow was magical.



No comments:
Post a Comment